Yes, dreams do come true and nothing is impossible! Here I am sitting in front of my VAIO penning down my feelings for first day shoot of my first feature film as a Lead Actor! A couple of years back, most people loved my determination but only a handful actually believed (you could see it in their eyes) that I could do it and yes, I have done it with the support of people you can die for – Matte, Nikhil, Manav, Anurag, Capt. Jaswant, Sanjay, Rajiv, Amod and a few others (forgive me if I have missed out on any name). Was thinking of writing this blog a little earlier but was too busy to do anything other than managing production and other things. However, if I do not write today, I’ll miss this historic day of my life – from tomorrow, my lifetime career as a Lead Film Actor begins!
Since I got to sleep asap (Actors ko time pe sona chahiye…aur heera bhi ;), I’m just jotting down some info about our film in bulleted format:
- About Film
- Name – WITH LOVE, DELHI!
- Budget – Can’t write now but at par with Bollywood Movies like LSD, Khosla Ka Ghosla, Rock On!! etc., obviously about a few crores
- Duration – 100min
- Language -English (Will be dubbed in other languages as well)
- Genre – Intelligent Thriller (When IITans write, it ought to be intelligent, hi hi :)) )
- Shooting Ends – Early September 2010
- Release Date – By about February 2011
- Tom Alter (A veteran in films and theater and a Padma Shri awardee – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0022758/)
- Kiran Kumar (A highly experienced Bollywood Star – 200+ films – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0474820/)
- Seema Biswas (Exceptionally talented Senior Bollywood Actor, won National Award in 1996 for Shekhar Kapoor’s Bandit Queen – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0084443/)
- Ashish Lal (Me, Myself, Myrene :)) )
- [Hush hush, Lead Actress under wraps for now…extremely talented and cute actress!]
- Key Crew
- Producer – Ashish Lal, Ashutosh Matela and Manav Vigg
- Banner – RedMat Reves Films Pvt. Ltd.
- Director – Nikhil Singh (Apna jhakaas darling, IITan and Film School USCite)
- Associate Director – Fazal Mehmood (All the Best, U Me Aur Hum etc. – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1892214/filmotype)
- Cinematographer – Sethu Sriram (Salman Khan’s Wanted and Tere Naam, Nana Patekar’s Shakti and many more – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1236357/)
- Background Score and Music – Sanjoy Chowdhury (Background Music for Jab We Met, A Wednesday, Zinda, Sarfarosh etc. – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1374769/)
- Associate Producer – Ravi Sarin (Rang De Basanti, Peepli Live, Chak De India, Delhi 6, Veer Zaara and 120+ movies – http://www.ravisarinproductions.com/)
- Editor – Namrata Rao (Vishal Bhardwaj’s Ishqiya, Dibakar Banerji’s Oye Lucky Lucky Oye and LSD and Yash Raj’s Band Baaja Baraat – http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2886400/)
- Story – Ashish Lal and Nikhil Singh
- Screenplay and Dialogues – Nikhil Singh
all the best. always knew u cud do it with ur hard work n persistance.
Best of Luck Sir…!! Best wishes with you.
All the best Lal.. Nikhil aache se direct karna .. all the best to u too dear … come up with flying colours …
I am writing the first comment for this Lalle!.. way to go!! well done and look forward to you thrashing the villains black and blue 🙂
Best of Luck Boss…
Congratulations !!! Waiting to watch your movie..
Thanks a lot for your support and best wishes…today is the second day of the shoot and it is going awesome…can’t wait to show you all the final product asap!
Finally you have done it brother..which we knew you would..always had faith and confidence in you..Proud of you..Hearty Congratulations!!
My Heartiest congratulations dude!!! Can’t wait to see the movie…:)
Thanks Didia, I knew you always believed it would happen!
Thanks a lot Sourabh, won’t have to wait for more than a couple of months or so!
I always knew it and I do believe with same intensity that you will become a SUPERSTAR shining in the world and for the world.God bless!
Aadawarz hai Sarika, dhanbad!
sooo happyyy to see your dream turning into reality looking forward for more success here on your blog. you are a champion..